Not being successful in business does not mean that you are a bad person. It does not mean that you are lazy and it does not mean that you will never be successful. When you are not successful in a business venture, it simply means that the specific business model you are following at the time is not successful. It means that the tools, techniques and strategies you are executing are not working. Failed business models use failed marketing methods and advertising techniques. When your business is not successful, it means that you must change what you are doing.
Fact # 1 – ANY online business can succeed and ANY online business can fail
It is a well known fact that any business can succeed and any business can fail. What really comes down is:
- Do you have the right tools, techniques and technology to make your business successful?
- Do you have the drive, motivation and determination to overcome the many obstacles you will face?
- Do you trust your business idea?
- Did you do the best job planning and research you could do?
As mentioned above, any online business model can be a success or a failure. So just because you have an original idea that no one else thinks will work, it doesn’t mean it will be a failed online business. The world is overpopulated with pessimistic people who only see bad results. As an online business owner, it is your job to stay away from pessimists. They will do nothing but delay you and prevent you from reaching your goals. Which brings us to fact # 2.
Fact # 2 – With a pessimistic mindset, you are no longer successful!
It’s bad enough being surrounded by negativity, but if you allow these influences to cause a negative shift in your own thinking, you’re in big trouble! One thing you should always remember is that your mindset plays one of the biggest roles in the success or failure of your online business. Of course, we all get discouraged from time to time. Something does not go as expected. Something that took us months to plan ended up being a failure. Our dream really turned out to be a terrifying nightmare. It happens to the best of us. It happens to all of us. But don’t let these temporary setbacks spoil your perspective on the future success of your business.
Say, for example, you have just worked all day and are on your way home from work. You come home, relax, have a cold drink, and turn on the television to relax for a bit. After watching a few hours of television, he proceeds to go online to check his email and see what’s new. Suddenly, you realize that nothing is being accomplished with your online business venture. It is still in the same unfinished state that it was a month ago. Nothing is accomplished. Your idea of a successful online business is not moving as fast as you would like. In fact, it is not progressing at all! Like rush hour traffic, the online business you originally thought of is now on a halt. So what do you do now? Do you let pessimism take over and crack your mood? Do you prematurely launch your white flag and quietly surrender?
Challenging times like these can be turning points in the direction and flow of your online business. You may feel that the challenge is too difficult and that you are not strong enough to face the storm. The fact is, you wouldn’t be where you are today if it weren’t for your persistence to keep moving forward. So if you’ve come this far, why go back?
Whatever you do, don’t let negativity take full control of the situation at hand. Always remember that dark nights bring bright days.
Fact # 3 – We should do homework our entire lives, not just at school!
This is a concept that many people can’t seem to understand very easily. In life, and especially in business life, you should always do your homework. And what exactly is homework?
- Taking the time to research successful and failed business models.
- Study the basics of what it takes to run a successful online business.
- Being able to distinguish between good information and bad information (facts versus opinions)
- Examine yourself on various business topics. And if you don’t have an answer, look it up!
Doing your homework for the success of your business can be done in many ways. Some people may not have the time or patience to research successful and unsuccessful business models. Some of us may not be able to distinguish between good and bad information. Fortunately, there are options available. Options like:
- Hire someone to do the research for you
- Subscribe to newsletters that only give you factual information
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and internet publications from trusted and reputable sources
By doing any or all of the above, you can save time and speed up the process of learning both the principles of a successful business and failed business strategies. These days, hiring someone online can be a quick and easy process. Subscribing to newsletters allows you to relax and allow information to flow directly to your inbox. You can keep up with the latest trends from trusted online sources with a few clicks of the mouse.
The common denominators of failed companies
By far the most common traits that all unsuccessful entrepreneurs have:
- Being lazy and not go ahead with a project. Remember: there is a reason the word lazy contains the last 2 letters of the alphabet. When he is lazy, he will finish last (or second to last).
- Creating excuses for everything that is not done. Remember: No excuses, no exceptions!
- Unwillingness to change. If it doesn’t change, nothing changes. Period.
- Self destruction in the form of excessive drugs, excessive alcohol, lack of sleep, lack of proper nutrition, etc. These things only affect your ability to think and focus clearly.
Remember: Even the most successful online businesses were once unsuccessful!
Finally, always remember that even the most successful online businesses once failed. There are many attempts to create a steady source of income online. Most fail and few succeed. But the companies that are successful are the companies that do their homework and remember that a pessimistic mindset is toxic.